Friday, December 30, 2016

2016-07-16 Fishing with Tyler

For this trip I had my grandson Tyler along as crew.

We pulled out around 8:30 AM and immediately went over to the fuel dock to take on 120 gallons of fuel.

By 11 AM we were trolling in the Clover Pass area.
Seas were a little rocky, but not bad, still fishable.

By 12:30 PM we had 1 Pink in the cooler.
It was an exciting catch because of the net.
Tyler had the rod and I netted the fish.
After I netted the fish I saw it free swimming again.
It took a few seconds for my brain to register what had just happened.
Then I realized there was a hole in the net.
The webbing on these nets eventually deteriorates.
Fortunately we were able to wrap up the fish again and get it in the boat.

I used some cotton twine that I keep on board to make temporary repairs to the net.
Then when we got back to town I bought a new net.
I keep both on board during the salmon trolling season because once the Silvers come in, it is not unusual to have two or more fish on at one time.

By the time we pulled the gear at 4:30 PM we had 2 more Pinks in the cooler.

We were back in the stall by about 6 PM.


We saw a whale go past the boat while we were trolling.


Tyler shows off the catch of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment